- Windows Vista will be hugely popular.
- Apple’s growth in the personal computer space will slow as a result of Vista’s success and the next generation hardware that will support it.
- RIA apps., powered by WPF/WPFE and similar technologies, will start to get traction as the line between client-side software and web-based software continues to soften.
- Yahoo! will continue to loose momentum as Google and nimble Web X.0 companies continue to eat away at it.
- Wi-fi everywhere and geo-based advertising will start to catch hold and Google’s early efforts in this space will pay off – securing their dominance in the ad space for the near future.
- Microsoft will establish multi-media beach-heads in more American living rooms this year using the xBox 360 platform – re-configuring the gaming system into a Media Center replacement via free updates as unsuspecting users sleep.
- Apples’s cell phone will change the way we think about cell phones and cell service forever.
NOTE: I reserve the right to add to this list for the remainder of this week ; )