The SamSung Galaxy Tab, slated for launch in November 2010, has been getting a lot of attention in the press – for good reason – it stacks up nicely feature-for-feature against Apple’s iPad. I’m not going to write a review here, it’s been done over and over again, but I will provide you with a list of the resources I’ve used to research this popular device and the things I like most about it.
- Official Samsung Site
- TmoNews - the Unofficial T-mobile blog – has an obvious interest in the Galaxy Tab, T-mobile will be one on the carriers subsidizing the device here in the U.S. – $399 after rebate and a 2-year contract
- Engadget’s Samsung Galaxy Tab Preview
- YouTube Videos: Official Samsung Galaxy Tab Commercial, intoMobile DEMO, Official SamSung DEMO HD
What I like most about the Galaxy Tab:
- Size – the 7″ screen makes the Galaxy Tab more portable than iPad which has a 9.7″ screen
- Weight – at .82 pounds it weights about 1/2 of what the iPad weighs
- External memory – adds capacity for an additional 32G
- HDMI out – can’t do that with an iPad
- The FF and RF camerera (w/ a flash) is a nice addition
I’m looking forward to getting my hands on a Galaxy Tab. The Galaxy Tab may just be the 1st Android powered device I buy. Most of all, I’m glad to see competition in the tablet space heating up.